Middle of the Bump.
I am officially 20 weeks, as of yesterday!
I feel great, and have only gained 5lbs as of this morning. I am happy with that. 🙂
We attempted to find out the gender two weeks ago at our anatomy scan, but with no luck! I’ll say this — Baby Barchie is modest. Legs were totally parallel the whole time — || — too funny! We even had the u/s tech try again AFTER our midwife appointment (which she so sweetly did), but still, no luck. It was just too damn blurry! I thought I would be more disappointed, but I think it’s kinda neat still not knowing. We will, of course, try again in two weeks at our next appointment. Let’s home some legs spread and some clarity comes into view! 😉
I am still so utterly amazed at this creation and that God has blessed us. There was a point during our journey that I honestly thought it just wasn’t going to happen. And I tried to be ok with it. It’s hard to be ok with that.
Now I will document some things about this pregnancy that I want to remember. I am no good at keeping journals, so this is all I got. (Maybe I should save these entries in case the internets close one day. I digress.)
- I am pretty sure I have felt a few flutters of baby movement, here and there, but can’t wait til it’s so obvious and more regular. Even more so, the day Luke will be able to feel it.
- I haven’t had many “gender intuitions” as some say. At the beginning I thought boy, but now I don’t really have any feeling.
- Morning sickness really was a minimum. Around 14 weeks I did get more nauseous, and that lasted a couple of weeks. Then again at 18 weeks, I got sick a few times but I think this is a matter of food choice. Speaking of:
- Food cravings have been, for the most part, non-existent. But maybe Luke would disagree. Sour candy is one thing I’ve wanted. Also COLD fruit – which I had a DREAM about. Literally woke up at 3am craving frozen blueberries and pineapple. Lately I’ve been eating pickles, but I think it’s more that I just really like pickles and not an actual craving, per say.
- Food aversions – check. Twice I have gotten tummy boo-boos from eating yummy, big, greasy burgers. Oh how GOOD of an idea it sounds like, and how YUMMY they are at the time, but no. My stomach did not agree. Another thing is pizza. Not sure why, but a few times it’s also made me ill. Then there are times I eat these foods with no problem. I like patterns, and I see none. Boo.
- Emotional – check. Sorta. I am not as bad as other pregnant women, I am sure of it. But, there are a few times I have gotten emotional over stupid crap that I would’ve laughed about before.
- We got our baby bedding! It is very neutral, lots of soft primary colors. Now to pick out the colors for the walls, which I’m not looking forward to. It’s neither mine nor Luke’s strong point. Opposites attract, what?? We are alike. 🙂
More to come… one day!